Our Statement of purpose
This Statement of Purpose is produced in accordance with the Fostering Services Regulations 2011, including:
A statement of the aims and objectives of Shining Stars Fostering Agency.
A statement as to the services and facilities provided by Shining Stars Fostering Agency.
Shining Stars Fostering Agency’s Statement of Purpose provides a range of information, which is intended for a wider audience including:
- Children and young people who are placed with our foster carers
- The agency’s staff and consultants
- Foster carers and prospective foster carers
- Local Authorities and Children’s Trusts, who place, or are considering placing with Shining Stars Fostering Agency
- Colleagues from other social care agencies
- Health and educational establishments
- Any parent or guardian of any child placed with the fostering service
- The general public
This document sets out the Statement of Purpose of Shining Stars Fostering Agency, an independent Fostering Provider whose office is based in Croydon in South London and has been developed in accordance with appropriate statute law and regulations, including:
- The Children Act 1989 (and its later amendments including CA 2004) Guidance and Regulations Volume 4: Fostering Services
- National Minimum Standards Fostering Services (2011)
- The Fostering Service Regulations ( 2002 and 2011)
- The Children Act 2000
- UK ratification of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The Care Standards Act (2000)
- The Care Planning, Placement and Case Review and Fostering Services (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2013.
Want to know if you can foster?
Find out if you meet the criteria to become one of our foster carers.
We are recruiting Foster Carers
We are currently recruiting foster carers across all the London Boroughs and the surrounding counties. Please go through the website and contact us to register an interest in fostering.
Foster in your area
Register your interest
SSFA has a range Policies and Procedures concerning Social Work Practice, HR and Finance which are used to guide staff and for tendering and commissioning purposes. If any of the issues that are not covered please do contact your supervising social worker or our registered manager who will guide you to the appropriate policy. Shining Stars Fostering Agency Tri-X policies