At Shining Stars Fostering we can offer you a high level of support and generous rewards.
We give our foster carers extensive support, generous allowances and all they need to help children and young people find emotional stability and security. We know that even though fostering is often highly rewarding, it can also be challenging at times. This is why provide our foster carers with a 24/7 hours support but also look at new ways of supporting our them to minimise any challenges in the placement.
So, why foster with Shining Stars Fostering?
If you are thinking of fostering, you may be analysing whether to foster with your local authority or whether to choose one of the independent fostering agency.
We are a dynamic fostering agency set up and run by two experienced social workers with over 25 years of combined fostering experience.
With Shining Stars Fostering, you will be joining a ‘family’ of people who are passionate about fostering and eager to provide outstanding support.
We give our carers the opportunity to build a career in fostering by providing them with training, involving them in local support groups and by offering them generous allowances.
It is always our aim to improve our carers fostering skills so that they are able to offer the best quality and nurturing care to the children and young people.
Support from the minute you make a contact with us
Our experienced team will listen to you and support you and your family at every step from the minute you make contact with us.
Each of our foster carer has a named Supervising Social Worker who supports them, their children and the child/ren they look after. Our carers are visited regularly, both formally and informally to talk about any issues they may have or child/ren in placement with them. We are always there for you and always means 24/7.
We offer a generous allowance for every night that a child or young person lives in the carers’ home which includes a weekly payment for the carer. It is not a salary but it enables the carers to fully meet the needs and expenses of the child they look after.
At Shining Stars we are all family; our foster carers, their children, our children in care and our staff members. You will be warmly welcomed as part of the family.
Our foster carers benefit from the following:
- Regular structured supervision from our qualified social worker.
- Frequent visits (4 or more if required) from your Supervising Social Worker.
- 24/7 support from local staff who get to know you, your family and the young people you are looking after.
- A regular programme of training with each foster carer having their own individual training development plan.
- Trainings based on the ‘Secure Based Model’
- Regular foster carer support meetings.
- Individual membership to Fostering Network.
- Access to additional resources to support any child and you in placement including therapy.
- Support from supervising social worker in obtaining and sustaining education provision.
- Fostering allowance starting from £425.00 a week
- Regular Social events including exciting days out, family fun days, festive parties throughout the year
We are currently recruiting foster carers across all the London Boroughs and the surrounding counties. Please go through the website and contact us to register an interest in fostering.
Foster in your area
Register your interest
SSFA has a range Policies and Procedures concerning Social Work Practice, HR and Finance which are used to guide staff and for tendering and commissioning purposes. If any of the issues that are not covered please do contact your supervising social worker or our registered manager who will guide you to the appropriate policy. Shining Stars Fostering Agency Tri-X policies