Shining Stars is one of the most progressing Fostering Agencies in London with a reputation for high standards and outstanding support, training and development. This has been recognised by Ofsted and we are rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (Full Ofsted Report – November 2019)
Shining Stars Fostering Agency is committed to safer recruitment and as a part of our safer recruitment policy all applicants will have to undergo strict vetting procedures including carrying out DBS checks, reference checks, qualification checks and identity checks.
Shining Star Fostering Agency Ltd, Croydon
We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic and high achieving team player to help develop and maintain Shining Star’s reputation for excellence.
Business Development Manager – Full Time – London Croydon (up to £36,000 per annum depending on experience)
The Business Development Manager functions at the centre of the Sales and Marketing operating model; working closely with Local Authorities and other partners, drawing from the respective support functions to deliver against the set strategic objectives of the agency.
Fundamental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the role include managing working relationship with Local Authorities, recruiting foster carers and network expansion.
- Develop and maintain links with various cultural community group in order to promote Shining Stars Fostering’s services and recruitment of foster carers from ethnic minority groups.
- Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for growth within these minority sections and target accordingly. Focusing on developing and sourcing training in languages that is best understood by foster carers.
- BDM will be expected to liaise and co-ordinate with Local Authorities about Shining Stars Fostering’s services and commissioning of joint projects.
- Candidates are required to have a good cultural understanding of south Asian heritage and strong interpersonal/presentation skills.
- Production of a business plan and marketing plan each year for each region, to be monitored and reviewed quarterly.
- Construct and implement a strategic network expansion plan in line with the long-term objectives of the business.
- Conduct price reviews on a quarterly basis, analysing the competitive position of fostering services.
- Liaison with the Marketing, recruitment team and regional managers to ensure delivery against the KPIs identified.
- Represent the business at key meetings and forums, including LAs forums and other partners.
- Produce, report and present qualitative and quantitative performance analysis of each region, incorporating macroeconomic data, competitor performance as well as any other external variables as appropriate.
- Drive the business in recruiting foster carers
- Partner with community representatives to maximise every opportunity and represent the business
- Generate up sell and cross sell opportunities for the wider fostering portfolio
- Deliver high quality demonstrations in various forums
- Liaise with other senior staff to determine the range of publicity material essential for creating fostering awareness and recruitment of high-quality foster carer.
- Discuss Shining Stars’ and Local Authority’s requirements, carry out surveys and analyse local authorities’ response to the quality of foster carers recruited
- Compile and analyse recruitment adverts, prepare proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertake market research
- Recruit and train junior staff
- Produce reports and recommendations concerning recruitment and training strategies for senior management
- Keep up to date with legislation and competitors
- A degree/diploma Personnel Management or Business Administration in Marketing
- Self-motivated and results focused with high levels of energy & drive. Exceptional communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Good level of commercial acumen. Strong planning and organisational skills to effectively operate and prioritise activity more strategically within a large territory
- Previous fostering sector experience is useful but not essential. Or any such prior experience would be advantageous.
- Given our current client group knowledge of Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi and Arabic is highly essential.
For further information or an application pack please contact Yasir Farooqui at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shining Star Fostering is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from any individual. We have a strong commitment to safeguarding and promoting positive outcomes for all children and young persons. Please note as part of our safeguarding and recruitment procedures, all applicants would be subject to a Disclose and Barring Service (DBS) check as appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time – Salary: £36,000.00 /year
We are currently recruiting foster carers across all the London Boroughs and the surrounding counties. Please go through the website and contact us to register an interest in fostering.
Foster in your area
Register your interest
SSFA has a range Policies and Procedures concerning Social Work Practice, HR and Finance which are used to guide staff and for tendering and commissioning purposes. If any of the issues that are not covered please do contact your supervising social worker or our registered manager who will guide you to the appropriate policy. Shining Stars Fostering Agency Tri-X policies